provide an understanding of the new pattern of this examination from year 2000;
the first book of its kind wherein the author has tried his best to make it easily readable and easy to follow;
incorporates about 3500 extended matching questions (EMQs) covering all the major topics;
more stress has been laid on the topics which are rendered important from the point of view of the PLAB examination;
first timers (beginner aspirants) as well as those who have been preparing already will find the Handbook equally useful.₵65.00₵65.00
The sixteenth edition of this seminal textbook, Myles Textbook for Midwives, has been extensively revised and restructured to ensure that it reflects current midwifery practice, with an increased focus on topics that are fundamental to midwifery practice today. The book comes with Elsevier EVOLVE ancillaries – an online learning package which consists of 500 self-assessment questions and answers and a fully downloadable image bank.₵120.00
A clear, comprehensive introduction to disease, Pathophysiology, 5th Edition explores the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of disorders. Units are organized by body system, and each begins with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology. A discussion then follows on the disease processes and abnormalities that may occur, with a focus on the pathophysiologic concepts involved. Written by leading educators Lee-Ellen Copstead and Jacquelyn Banasik, Pathophysiology simplifies a rigorous subject with practical learning resources and includes coverage of the latest scientific findings and relevant research₵492.00₵492.00
- Expanded coverage of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) in the Molecular Techniques chapter reflects the importance of molecular diagnostics and genomic medicine in today’s medical laboratories.
- Numerous Clinical Case Studies with critical thinking group discussion questions link concepts and procedures to laboratory practice.
- Two dedicated chapters provide step-by-step procedure instructions, enabling students to confidently perform important clinical procedures.
- Learning Outcomes and Review questions— now identified as core and advanced content—clarify what MLT and MLS students should know upon successful completion of each chapter.
- More algorithms and other student desired visual learning formats (figures, tables and boxes) clarify key points.
- In-text learning aids (Learning Outcomes, Chapter Highlights and Review Questions) organized by major topic to facilitate concept mastery.
- A streamlined Phlebotomy chapter focuses on the newest content with additional information moved online for easy access.
- Bulleted Chapter Highlights facilitate quick review of each chapter’s material.
- Key Terms italicized in the text and defined in the glossary help students master the vocabulary of hematology.
- Certification-style Review Questions help students assess their knowledge as they advance through each chapter.
- Updated full-color images offer a visual guide to the concepts and procedures presented in the text.
- Updated references reflect the latest research in the field.
Part of the popular Pocket Notebook Series, Pocket ICU, Second Edition provides concise, evidence-based information for critical care students, interns, residents, and professionals at all levels of experience. Now fully revised and up to date, this portable handbook can be used for quick, easy reference both in the wards and in the operating room.₵288.00₵288.00
Written by residents for residents, Pocket Neurology, 2nd Edition is your go-to resource for essential neurologic information in a high-yield, easy-to-use format. Concise and well organized, it provides must-know information on hospital- and clinic-based neurologic workup, diagnosis, and management. The second edition of this pocket-sized bestseller delivers highly relevant adult neurologic coverage in an easily portable source.₵302.00₵302.00
Clinically oriented and student-friendly, Basic Clinical Neuroscience provides the anatomic and pathophysiologic basis necessary to understand neurologic abnormalities. This concise but comprehensive text emphasizes the localization of specific medically important anatomic structures and clinically important pathways, using anatomy-enhancing illustrations₵324.00
The thoroughly revised and updated Third Edition of the acclaimed Modern Epidemiology reflects both the conceptual development of this evolving science and the increasingly focal role that epidemiology plays in dealing with public health and medical problems. Coauthored by three leading epidemiologists, with contributions from sixteen experts in a variety of epidemiologic sub-disciplines, this new edition is by far the most comprehensive and cohesive text on the principles and methods of epidemiologic research.