The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association is the style manual of choice for writers, editors, students, and educators in the social and behavioral sciences. It provides invaluable guidance on all aspects of the writing process, from the ethics of authorship to the word choice that best reduces bias in language.
Well-known for its authoritative and easy-to-use reference and citation system, the Publication Manual also offers guidance on choosing the headings, tables, figures, and tone that will result in strong, simple, and elegant scientific communication.₵197.00
Fully matched to the latest Cambridge syllabus, this updated revision guide provides everything students need to build exam confidence, including practice questions and answers as well as revision and assessment advice from an experienced teacher. The clear and concise format will support students as they prepare for their exams, as well as throughout the year for independent study or homework. Ensuring all students reach their potential, it includes exercises and practice questions that both challenge higher ability students and support lower ability students. Vocabulary-building activities are included to support students whose first language is not English.₵130.00
With this Third Edition, the authors and contributors set a new standard for textbooks in the field by tailoring the study of plant physiology to virtually every studentproviding the basics for introductory courses without sacrificing the more challenging material sought by upper-division and graduate-level students.
Key pedagogical changes to the text will result in a shorter book. Material typically considered prerequisite for plant physiology courses, as well as advanced material from the Second Edition, will be removed and posted at an affiliated Web site, while many new or revised figures and photographs (now in full color), study questions, and a glossary of key terms will be added. Despite the streamlining of the text, the new edition incorporates all the important new developments in plant physiology, especially in cell, molecular, and developmental biology.
The Third Edition’s interactive Web component is keyed to textbook chapters and referenced from the book. It includes WebTopics (elaborating on selected topics discussed in the text), WebEssays (discussions of cutting-edge research topics, written by those who did the work), additional study questions (by chapter), additional references, and suggestions for further reading.₵37.00
provide an understanding of the new pattern of this examination from year 2000;
the first book of its kind wherein the author has tried his best to make it easily readable and easy to follow;
incorporates about 3500 extended matching questions (EMQs) covering all the major topics;
more stress has been laid on the topics which are rendered important from the point of view of the PLAB examination;
first timers (beginner aspirants) as well as those who have been preparing already will find the Handbook equally useful.₵65.00₵65.00
The sixteenth edition of this seminal textbook, Myles Textbook for Midwives, has been extensively revised and restructured to ensure that it reflects current midwifery practice, with an increased focus on topics that are fundamental to midwifery practice today. The book comes with Elsevier EVOLVE ancillaries – an online learning package which consists of 500 self-assessment questions and answers and a fully downloadable image bank.₵120.00
A clear, comprehensive introduction to disease, Pathophysiology, 5th Edition explores the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of disorders. Units are organized by body system, and each begins with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology. A discussion then follows on the disease processes and abnormalities that may occur, with a focus on the pathophysiologic concepts involved. Written by leading educators Lee-Ellen Copstead and Jacquelyn Banasik, Pathophysiology simplifies a rigorous subject with practical learning resources and includes coverage of the latest scientific findings and relevant research₵492.00₵492.00
- Expanded coverage of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) in the Molecular Techniques chapter reflects the importance of molecular diagnostics and genomic medicine in today’s medical laboratories.
- Numerous Clinical Case Studies with critical thinking group discussion questions link concepts and procedures to laboratory practice.
- Two dedicated chapters provide step-by-step procedure instructions, enabling students to confidently perform important clinical procedures.
- Learning Outcomes and Review questions— now identified as core and advanced content—clarify what MLT and MLS students should know upon successful completion of each chapter.
- More algorithms and other student desired visual learning formats (figures, tables and boxes) clarify key points.
- In-text learning aids (Learning Outcomes, Chapter Highlights and Review Questions) organized by major topic to facilitate concept mastery.
- A streamlined Phlebotomy chapter focuses on the newest content with additional information moved online for easy access.
- Bulleted Chapter Highlights facilitate quick review of each chapter’s material.
- Key Terms italicized in the text and defined in the glossary help students master the vocabulary of hematology.
- Certification-style Review Questions help students assess their knowledge as they advance through each chapter.
- Updated full-color images offer a visual guide to the concepts and procedures presented in the text.
- Updated references reflect the latest research in the field.